The City’s Parks and Recreation Department will host a Drive By Santa event on Saturday, December 19 from noon to 3 p.m. to help spread holiday cheer!
Traveling by fire truck, Santa will make short, five-minute stops in all of Evanston’s nine wards. Residents are invited to come out, wave and take pictures of Santa as he travels along the route or at any of the 18 designated Santa Stops. Masks should be worn and a social distance of at least six feet from others, including Santa, should be maintained at all times.
Santa Stop Locations: (View Event Map)
- Noon to 12:05 p.m. – Ridgeville Park District, 908 Seward St., (9th Ward)
- 12:10 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Brummel Park, Brummel St. and Elmwood Ave. (8th Ward)
- 12:20 p.m. to 12:25 p.m. – James Park, Dodge Ave. at Mulford St. (8th Ward)
- 12:30 p.m. to 12:35 p.m. – Southwest Park, Seward St. and Wesley Ave. (9th Ward)
- 12:40 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. – Robert Crown Community Center and Library, 1801 Main St. (4th Ward)
- 12:50 p.m. to 12:55 p.m. – Fitzsimmons Park, Elmwood Ave. and Lee St. (4th Ward)
- 1 p.m. to 1:05 p.m. – Penny Park, Lake St. and Ashland Ave. (2nd Ward)
- 1:10 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St. (5th Ward)
- 1:25 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Cartwright Park, Prospect Ave. and Grant St. (6th Ward)
- 1:35 p.m. to 1:40 p.m. – Ackerman Park, Central St. and Elm Ave. (6th Ward)
- 1:45 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. – McCulloch Park, Jenks St. west of Eastwood Ave. (7th Ward)
- 1:55 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Lighthouse Beach/Park, 2611 Sheridan Rd. (7th Ward)
- 2:05 p.m. to 2:10 p.m. – Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes St. (1st Ward)
- 2:15 p.m. to 2:20 p.m. – Firemen’s Park, Simpson St. and Maple Ave. (5th Ward)
- 2:25 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Raymond Park, Chicago Ave. and Grove St. (1st Ward)
- 2:35 p.m. to 2:40 p.m. – Public Parking Lot #24 at Main St. east of Sherman Ave. (4th Ward)
- 2:45 p.m. to 2:50 p.m. – Clark Square Park, Main St. and Sheridan Rd. (3rd Ward)
- 2:55 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Baker Park, Keeney St. and Forest Ave. (3rd Ward)
For more information, view the interactive map or call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.